Join our Loaned Employee Team
United Way Tar River Region’s Loaned Employee Program allows employees to build on their professional skills while giving back to the community. These employees are “loaned” to United Way to support workplace fundraising campaigns in Nash and Edgecombe counties.
The Loaned Employee Program gives your company high visibility within the community, provides a significant career enrichment opportunity for the loaned employee, while giving the employee an opportunity to make a difference in our community.
Pictured above (l to r) Front row - Nancy Purvis (LE-Retired), Lee Milligan (LE-Retired), Stacey Taylor (LE-New Standard Corporation) Back Row - Jonathan Boone (UW Campaign Chairperson - City of Rocky Mount), Ginny Mohrbutter (UW Executive Director), Kris Brabble (LE-First Carolina Bank), Carl Walker (LE-New Standard Corporation), Matt Cherkas (LE-Retired), Tamika Joyner (UW Donor & Volunteer Relations Manager) and Linda Skojec (LE - Express Employment Professionals)
LIVE UNITED is our motto…and if we join together, we can be the change we wish to see within our own community. In order to do this, we are recruiting a group of dedicated and knowledgeable “Loaned Employee” volunteers to conduct educational campaigns to convey the United Way story.
THIS IS WHERE WE NEED YOUR HELP…
Our objective is for each Loaned Employee to assist in the management of 2-4 employee campaigns, over a three month period, requiring an average of 1 to 2 hours per week, from September through November, 2015.
They will network with other community volunteers and leaders; learn leadership and public speaking skills that can be useful on the job; and most importantly, they will be helping their/ our community.
Loaned Employee Program Offers Benefits to All Involved...
To the Sponsoring Company
• Be recognized as a leader in improving our community
• Have increased employee leadership and advanced professional skills
• Be recognized in the community as your Loaned Employee networks with many companies and community leaders
• Help cultivate relationships with various businesses and leaders
To the Loaned Employee
• Return to his/ her company with increased communication, public speaking, project and
time management, as well as, leadership skills
• Work closely with key community leaders
• Gain awareness of community needs, resources and collective solutions through United Way
To the Community
• Increases public awareness and support for community needs
• Improves fundraising results with lower campaign costs
• Distributes dollars to those most in need
• Creates civic leadership
To sponsor a Loaned Employee, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the United Way office at 252-937-2213.