United Way Tar River Region:
If you are interested in being placed on the volunteer list for the Twin Counties, CLICK HERE. We will contact you as needed.
Several community partners are in need of donations in order to continue the good work. Please consider donating non-perishable items. They can be dropped off at United Way Tar River Region - 2501 Sunset Avenue - Rocky Mount, NC
- Items for local child care providers can be dropped off at United Way Tar River Region. Below is a list of requested items.
- Hand sanitizer
- Clorox wipes
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Baby wipes
- Lysol Spray
American Red Cross:
To Schedule a Life-saving Blood Donation – Call 1-800-RED-CROSS option # 1
To Make a Financial Donation – Call 1-800-RED-CROSS option # 2
Department of Health & Human Services:
If you have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to donate, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edgecombe Community College:
need to purchase 50 Chromebooks for remote learning
Nash UNC Health Care
- Protective Medical Supplies Donations
- N95 masks
- Surgical masks (with and without shields)
- Disposable gloves
- Disposable shoe covers
- Eye protection
- Protective gowns
- Other needs include nasal swabs, disinfectant, hand sanitizer with more than 60 percent alcohol and hand soap.
- If you have any questions regarding items you can donate, or want to set up an appointment to drop-off your donation, you can contact Kirby Slade, director of community relations, or call 252-962-8835.
Food Donations: Snacks will be placed in the relaxation rooms that our staff are able to use during their breaks. These donations should be coordinated with the Nash UNC Health Care Foundation and not taken to the hospital. Please email Kathleen.email@example.com or call Kathleen at 252-578-2273 or Stacy at 704-562-9721 to make arrangements. Gift cards are also appreciated and will be used to purchase snack items.
Send a Meal: Want to support local restaurants while also supporting our staff? Contact Rich Jared to coordinate a meal delivery for a unit or group of employees, or call 252-962-3473.
Monetary Donations: Monetary donations are a wonderful way to show your support. Money donated to the Covid-19 Support Fund will be used to show appreciation for staff by purchasing snacks, items for staff relaxation rooms to use during breaks and other needs as they arise. Donations can be made online at NashHealthCareFoundation.org/donate Please make sure you select “Covid-19 Support Fund” under designation. Checks should be made out to Nash UNC Health Care Foundation and mailed to 2416 Professional Drive Rocky Mount, NC 27804. Make sure to put a note on the memo line that it is for the Covid-19 Support Fund.
If you are completely healthy and able to volunteer with any of the below tasks, please contact Michelle McNeil at 252.212.5044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Single Stop is pleased to announce that it has made its benefits screener along with COVID-19 resource toolkits available for free to anyone in NC.
- The benefits screener allows individuals to screen themselves for an array of public benefits that include food supports, tax credits and health insurance and provides information about how to apply or access those benefits in their area.
- The screener can be accessed at this link: https://help.singlestoptechnologies.com/
For information and to apply, please visit https://ccnc.care/cctcjobs